Have You Always Wanted To Learn More About Botox?
Botox is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments available for rejuvenating one’s youthful allure. It has become so due to its high rate of success in delivering exceptional results. It is a useful solution for both men and women who are unhappy about the early signs of aging that display themselves in the facial region and want to get them removed to obtain the youthful look they desire.
Starting With The Basic Question – What Is Botox?
Botox is an FDA approved cosmetic procedure that is used to treat fine lines and wrinkles. This is a non-surgical way to treat the early signs of aging that display themselves in the facial region. The name of the treatment is derived from the compound used, botulinum. This is a neurotoxin produced by a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum.
The compound is toxic, but when it is used in the right proportion, it can be used beneficially for aesthetic as well as therapeutic reasons. The neurotoxin will cut off the nerve signals to the injected area and prevents the contraction of the muscles that cause the formation of wrinkles.
The Essential Facts About Botox
- A wide range of wrinkles including frown lines, crow’s feet and more could all be corrected with Botox. Whether the patient requires only a moderate amount of correction or a severe level of correction, all of these could be achieved with Botox. There is no specific age requirement specified. Ideally people over the age of 18 are seen opting for Botox.
- This is one of the most widely accepted cosmetic treatments. As of now, you would be able to find certified clinics offering Botox in more than 78 countries. So even if you have started getting Botox injections and then move to a different region of the world, you are sure to find a clinic close by to get your injections when required.
- You would also be able to find a vast amount of information on the internet if you would like to know more about Botox. You can find doctors who are experienced in performing the treatment and even look at before and after pictures of their patients to see you potential results. Taking these steps can help prepare you for optimal results.
- Crow’s feet, which are lines at the corners of the eyes, and the frown lines, lines between the brows, are the most common issues that can be corrected with Botox injections. For the former, there are usually three points chosen for the injection and for the latter there are five points.
- The results provided by the treatment can be seen almost immediately. This is in fact one of the major benefits of Botox. Unlike surgical treatments, you would not have to wait for the incision area to heal and the scar to start fading. Without leaving any post-surgical marks, the results start appearing within a day or two after the procedure.
- The results are temporary, but the results speak for themselves. You can expect the wrinkles and fine lines you have to disappear and and not return for several months or more depending on the way the patient responds to the treatment. The injections could be received again when needed.
Contact Our Office
Botox is a useful way for people to easily improve their looks by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. If you’re interested in learning how this treatment could benefit you, contact our office. Experienced surgeon, Dr. Gregory Park, can help answer any of the questions you have and deliver the results you desire.