Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in Oceanside, California, Dr. Gregory Park provides a full range of plastic and reconstructive services at North Coast Plastic Surgery including cosmetic surgery of the face, neck, eyes, and nose, breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast reconstruction, revision cosmetic breast surgery, arm lifts, liposuction, tummy tuck, Botox, Fillers, and more...
Juvederm San Diego
JUVÉDERM® injectable gel fillers adds volume to facial lines and creases, creating a fuller, younger appearance. When injected below wrinkles and folds in the skin, JUVÉDERM® can reduce creases and wrinkles around the mouth and nose areas of the face. This filler can also augment and add volume to the lips and cheeks.
JUVÉDERM® XC in Carlsbad & San Diego
Using a natural gel filler called JUVÉDERM® XC, Dr. Gregory Park, Oceanside plastic surgeon, can reduce the lines around the nose and mouth. When injected, JUVÉDERM® XC smooths out wrinkles & folds, and adds fullness to your lips instantly. Natural appearing results can last up to one to two years depending on the type of JUVÉDERM® injectable gel used.
JUVÉDERM® XC is a non-animal based hyaluronic acid (HA) which is a substance that occurs naturally in skin and cartilage. The gel is cross linked and maintains a smooth, volume filling consistency. The XC portion of JUVÉDERM® infuses the injectable gel with Lidocaine, a common anesthetic, providing for more comfort during your treatment.
How does JUVÉDERM® XC Work?
Youthful looking skin has more hyaluronic acid (HA) than aging skin. As the skin ages the amount of HA within the skin diminishes causing a loss of volume in the lips and cheeks, and the creation of wrinkles and folds around the mouth and nose.
Using JUVÉDERM® XC is a quick, effective and safe way to restore volume to the face by replacing the HA lost in the skin from the aging process. The results of using this dermal filler are fuller lips and cheeks, and reduced facial lines, folds, and wrinkles.
Why use JUVÉDERM® XC?
1. Long Lasting
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC are the only hyaluronic acid fillers that are FDA approved to last up to one year. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is an injectable filler that may last up to two years.
2. Smooth and more comfortable
Not all dermal fillers are the same. JUVÉDERM® XC is manufactured by a unique cross-linking process that improves the flow of the gel. This allows for smooth injections to provide results that look and feel natural. JUVÉDERM® XC is also mixed with Lidocaine making injections more comfortable than the previous versions of JUVÉDERM®. However, JUVÉDERM® without Lidocaine is available for those who may be allergic to the local anesthesia.
3. Safe and Effective in All Skin Types
JUVÉDERM® XC was the first FDA approved injectable gel proven to be safe and effective in persons of all ethnicities. Studies have shown that there is no increased risk of hypertrophic scarring or hyperpigmentation in any skin types.
4. More Choices, More Options
There are three JUVÉDERM® XC formulations available to fit the needs of various patients and desired results. JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is great for general volumizing and contour improvement for mild facial wrinkles, folds, and augmentation needs. For deeper folds and wrinkles, JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC provides a more robust option to improve loss of volume around the nose and mouth. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is the newest addition to the JUVÉDERM family and the first HA gel filler FDA approved for the improvement of moderate to severe wrinkles and folds around the mouth and nose, and deflation of volume around the cheeks. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC provides youthful facial fullness and may last up to 1 1/2 to 2 years.
This patient of Dr. Park shown above wanted more volume balance between her upper and lower lower lips. 2 cc’s of JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC was used to accomplish her goals.
1. Side Effects
Potential side effects are mild-moderate in nature and may include reactions at the injection sites such as redness, discomfort, swelling, bruising, lumps, bumps, and itching. There is also a potential risk for infection.
Although allergies are rare, JUVÉDERM® injectable gel should not be used in patients who have the following:
- Severe allergies associated with a history of anaphylaxis or multiple severe allergies
- History of allergies to gram-positive bacterial proteins
- JUVÉDERM® XC should not be used if allergic to Lidocaine
Makeup may be worn immediately after the injection of JUVÉDERM® to help cover any slight bruising that may have occurred from treatment.
You should avoid the following for at least 24 hours after treatment:
- Strenuous exercise
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Extended exposure to sun or heat
Exposure the above may result in temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection sites. If there is swelling, an ice pack over the swollen area may be helpful. Report any redness and/or visible swelling that lasts for more than a few days or any other symptoms that may be of concern to you.
Please disclose the following important treatment considerations in order to help avoid unsatisfactory results and complications when choosing to use JUVÉDERM® injectable gel:
- Patients using substances that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, as with any injection, may experience increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site. Please inform Dr. Park before treatment if you are using these types of substances.
- If laser treatment, chemical peeling, or any other procedure based on active dermal response is considered after treatment with JUVÉDERM® injectable gel, there is a possible risk of an inflammatory reaction at the treatment site.
- JUVÉDERM® injectable gel should be used with caution in patients on immunosuppressive therapy, or therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as there may be an increased risk of infection.
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® injectable gel for use during pregnancy, in breastfeeding females, or in patients under 18 years has not been established.
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® injectable gel hyaluronic acid dermal filler in patients with a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) and pigmentation disorders has not been studied.
For more information about JUVÉDERM® injectable gel, visit www.Juvederm.com
To schedule your appointment for JUVÉDERM® fillers call us at North Coast Plastic Surgery, 760.655.1414, or use our contact form online. We look forward to meeting you, answering any additional questions you may have, and helping you determine if you are a good candidate for injectable gel fillers.
Before & Afters